In the Octagon

In the Octagon
A blog about MMA in the world and most importantly in the PDX area. Take a look and enjoy the world of MMA. Follow me on Twitter: @PDXMMA

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Interview with Kevin Keenrey co-founder of the FCFF.

   This week I got probably one of the biggest names in the North West MMA community to answerer some questions over email. That's right I got to talk to with none other then Kevin Keeney co-founder of the FCFF. And here below is the Q&A I had with him. Enjoy fight fans!

1: how does it feel to see the FCFF going on it's 12th year? I thank my lucky stars. There have been many of shows that have come and gone through Oregon in our first 11 years and somehow, someway, we are still here today. It is truly amazing since Jim Cassidy and Scott Revis rule!

2: Out all the years you have been with the FCFF can you name a fighter who you have liked the most? Darin "86ed 4 LIFE" Shelstad

3: You had your first pro fight for the FCFF not to long ago. Will we be seeing more in the future? I will through as many pro fights as possible as long as the fighters are still willing to fight for $1 to show and $1 to win.

4: You have 6 title fights, 1 interim title fight, and 1 super fight for this upcoming fight night. Out of all those fights. Which one stands out? And why? Bryan Nuro vs. Sean Baker for the interim 155 title. Nuro is a machine . . . literally. Baker was untouchable for 18 months prior to getting injured. I'm anxious to see if we get the old Sean Baker back for this comeback fight because if he is not in top form, it will be a long night for him. Nuro has a gas tank that never gets close to empty and lion heart. Baker can win the fight but it had better be the best Sean Baker to enter the Slammer. I would buy a ticket for this show if this was a one bout fight card and this was the bout!

5: How does it feel to watch the sport of MMA evolve? Has it evolved? I'm not sure it has a whole lot in the past 11 years. I know we don't do a whole lot different . . . but we probably should. I think the sport has more exposure now thanks to Uncle Dana, the Fertitta's, and "The Truth" Chael Sonnen. (Oh by the way, Lorenzo Fertitta was in the bathroom with me at the SW Steakhouse the night of weigh-ins for Sonnen vs. Silva 2 and he failed to acknowledge me. I already accepted his apology.) The sport has grown but I wouldn't say it has evolved.
 
 Thanks for reading fight fans! And special thanks to Kevin Keeney for taking his time to answer these question's. Go take look at this weeks Rumble at the Roseland 70 pre fight look!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment